Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Support the deployment of the Quality strategy for a local ABB organizational unit, includ-ing quality culture, systems, tools, and competent teams with the aim to achieve and even exceed customer expectations, while ensuring sustainable operations. Assist the organiza-tion in achieving the right mix of prevention, continuous improvement, robust root cause analysis, quick response and sustainable solution to problems. Collaborate with of local functions that impact on the quality results in order to reach the targets for the organizational unit and aiming for world-class level performance.
This position reports to
- Support contract manufacturer to assure Quality/operational KPI’s and goals are achieved.
- Develop corrective actions to mitigate issues and eliminate product/process non-conformances.
- Drive prompt closure of customer quality issues and incorporation of lessons learned into operat-ing processes.
- Ensure that processes are in full compliance with established and approved requirements.
- Create/implement and maintain quality documentation: quality control plans, quality procedures & work instructions.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to ensure timely resolution of quality related issues that impact the operation and/or customers.
- Provide training to quality and operations personnel as required.
- Identify and lead quality improvement projects to achieve business quality commitments.
- Drives root cause analysis on all QMS compliance misses & develop/implement permanent fixes.
- Lead and execute Quality audits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date electronic records.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Industrial preferable.
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Function
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard; preferable.
- Strong analytical skills, task and detail oriented
- Ability to quickly adapt to business strategy changes.
- Able to manage time and drives activities under pressure.
- Demonstrated capability to generate/create change with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills/excellent team player.
- Knowledge of lean 6 sigma, green belt is a plus
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, Word and Minitab.
- Ability to work remotely and with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel ~50% of time.
- Have or be able to obtain necessary credentials (passport, visas, etc.) to travel internationally.
- Good oral and written communication in English and Spanish; proven presentation and facilitation skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid