Quality Specialist m/f/d (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Traction is a technology leader driving innovation in the e-mobility sector, and we contribute to sustainable transportation delivering projects that save energy every day. Our traction systems power electric buses as well as electrified heavy-duty vehicles, trains, locomotives, mountain railroads and many other types of rail vehicles around the globe. In our Traction Battery operations, we are looking for a hands-on quality specialist focused on our battery factory in Baden, Switzerland. In this role you will take ownership of all aspects related to production quality on the shopfloor, with a strong focus on the practical implementation of the quality control plan and the quality directives, and on the systematic resolution of arising internal or external quality issues.
This position reports to
Planning & Fulfillment Manager
- Perform relevant formal and informal quality checks across all operations of the production to ensure product quality, immediately escalate business critical quality issues
- Evaluate customer feedback and follow-up on customer complaints related to production quality, independently or together with the Traction Quality Management team, depending on the case. If required compile 8D reports.
- Follow-up on production-critical supplier quality issues (together with supply chain / supplier quality organization)
- Learn from the quality cases and lead quality improvement projects and task forces, thus reducing quality costs and quality risks in production
- Set priorities and targets in production quality assurance together with the production management team
- Maintain and develop the production QM documentation for practical use throughout the organization
- Train and coach employees in quality- and process-relevant topics and thus foster quality awareness and rigorous execution mindset in the organization
- Accompany or lead critical supplier audits for Traction (together with supply chain / supplier quality organization)
- Supports Traction Quality Management in re-certifications/audits as well as customer quality audits and follow-ups
- Apprenticeship in a technical discipline, basic theoretical training is a plus
- Systematic, responsible, and precise person
- Self-reliant, proactive, with a natural authority and ability of changing behavior of others
- Good verbal and written communication in German and English
- 3 years plus of experience in a similar production environment
- Proven ability to develop additional know-how on the job and in trainings
- Experience in the field of production quality including know how in Quality Tools such as FMEA, SPC, MSA, SixSigma an advantage
- Flexible work practices
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid