R&D Business Designer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
This position reports to
R&D Project Manager
- Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in the fuses research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
- Understands the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results
- Contributes to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as small project or workpackage leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools.
- Maintains awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provides consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results. Shows solid documentation skills (3D/2D) and writes technical reports independently.
- Has a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributes to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports. Identifies risks in R&D projects.
- Higher education, preferred fields of study: electrical engineering, power electronics and related.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools, preferably Solid Works.
- Communicative knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Analytical and logical mindset
- Motivation and goal orientation.
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills.
- Knowledge of electrical fuses is welcome.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-hybrid We offer: An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies. Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas. Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market. Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills. Good working environment. To apply for the position, please send your application via our page. We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate