R&D Electro-mechanical Engineer - Permanent
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be part of the R&D cluster IT, responsible for several low voltage protection (RCCB, RCBO, MCB, motor reclosing, fuseholders, …), for measurement devices and for enclosure. Reporting to the R&D team manager, you will support and contribute to the development of new products and to the maintenance of ones already in production.
This position reports to
R&D Department Lead
- Design (2D e 3D) mechanical parts and assemblies of electromechanical devices and products, in collaboration with the design team and in accordance with specifications.
- Propose new design for current sensors and electromechanical actuators, starting from state of the art and knowledge of magnetic materials and basic electronics.
- Prepare design calculations using standard and non-standard simulation tools.
- Coordinate prototype construction to ensure alignment with project/task timeline; plan and analyze experimental tests, in order to verify technical solutions; adjust design as required based on test results.
- Evaluate requests from Production, Quality and Engineering department and propose product modifications accordingly.
- Support operation functions during production process implementation of new products or modifications to existing ones.
- Propose appropriate list of materials necessary for design, providing and maintaining Bills of Materials of products.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer, preferably with previous experience in design and maintenance of electromechanical and electronic devices.
- Basic or higher proficiency in CAD software Catia V5 or Creo and Mechanical multibody simulations.
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink and ability to work in SAP environment for what related to BOM.
- A CAE environment, such as, e.g., Ansys, Maxwell…
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, tolerance analysis and experience in lean sigma approach.
- Good level of English, both written and spoken.
- Proactive person with good communication skills and teamwork oriented. Result orientation and personal ownership of tasks.
More about us
More about us We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Gaia Pinto, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate