Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The R&D Associate Engineer plays an important role by proposing and implement technology development and solutions. In this position, you will execute product development tasks using your technical expertise and you will perform a variety of technology/engineering assignments, recognizing problems and providing input on solutions.
- Documenting work and contributing to written reports.
- Keeping up to date with strategic plans and performing activities in line with the current direction.
- Contributing your own creative ideas to R&D projects and proposing follow-up activities based on project results.
- Gathering information about ABB products and technologies and developing an understanding of technical drivers and customer value.
- Providing consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Participating in working teams and offering assistance to co-workers, as well as consulting team members and colleagues to gain information and knowledge.
- Working to recognize the importance of intellectual property in industry and the advantage of ABB's patents relevant to your own area of research, as well as to grasp risk management in R&D projects.
- A master degree qualification in technical fields preferably Mechatronic , Electronic and Electrical or Mechanical.
- 0-2 years of experience in Electronic/Electromechanical Engineering, working/studying preferably as Designer/Engineer with Electronic/electromechanical products.
- Sound knowledge of electricity and its effects (thermal, dielectric, mechanical stresses) mechanical/material engineering and the electrical and/or mechanical market.
- Knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D CAD system (preferably SolidWorks).
- Reading capability of simple electrical diagram. Capability of electrical/mechanical design solution starting from plain white paper.
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Good written/spoken English (B2 level). Good written/spoken Italian (mother tongue of hosting team).
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Letizia Breviario, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate