R&D Engineer – Digital (80 – 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D Engineer, you will help steer the direction of strategic corporate technology by focusing on solving industrial problems through reliable research work. Working as a researcher in R&D projects, you will solve applied research and technology problems and develop ways to more effectively solve them. In this role, you will communicate your results in reports and other publications, while following and contributing to scientific discussions in your area.
This position reports to
R&D Unit Lead
- Contributing ideas and a scientific way of working to R&D projects, and proposing follow-up projects and activities based on new ideas
- Ensuring that projects are aligned with targets and coordinating activities, while maintaining a good knowledge of and applying R&D processes and tools
- Maintaining an overview of state-of-the-art academic thinking in your area, as well as of ABB products and technologies.
- Understanding what creates customer value and working to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction
- Spreading your technical/scientific knowledge and assisting colleagues in applying specialist processes and tools to ensure results
- Participating in networks in your research area, including relevant academic networks
- Submitting patent applications to strengthen ABB’s strategic position, and helping to safeguard ABB's intellectual property
- 2+ years of experience in the cloud and enterprise environment, working as software developer with MS Azure products
- Bachelor or master’s degree in software or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and predictive maintenance
- Understanding of the energy market and asset management responsibilities
- A solution-focused approach and strong English written and spoken communication skills
- Valid work permit for Switzerland
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-hybrid We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate