R&D Engineer - Power Electronics Design Hardware
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For ABB E-Mobility Technology Center located in Terranuova Bracciolini, we are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer in our R&D organization. The profile will design, Hardware develop and testing for our power converters connected to medium/low voltage grid for electrical vehicle charging applications. Your workflow will be part of the ABB gate model development process, and you will work in a Scrum team with the entire product development team.
This position reports to
R&D Local Unit Lead
- Design and develop the main converters topologies: AC-DC single phase and three phase, DC-DC isolated and not-isolated, Resonant Converter, DC-AC single and Three Phase, LCL filter design.
- Design all power components: Magnetics, Semiconductors, Capacitors, Driving circuit.
- Develop and compute mathematical models for power electronics converters and reliable simulation.
- PCB Design in collaboration with Electrical CAD department.
- Support Mechanical CAD Engineers.
- Testing and Validation the prototype, support the FW Engineer.
- Provide technical guidance and share the knowledge among the team.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers in the company to propose the cutting-edge technology in the field to the customers and to achieve a more sustainable future.
- A master’s degree in electrical/electronic/energy engineering with a solid background in power electronics design.
- You are able to begin from scratch a design activity on new topics: from analysis of scientific papers to the delivering to customers.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as power converter design in a medium-high range company focused on power electronic applications. Experience on microgrids, parallel connections and power sharing among multiple converters is considered a plus.
- You are expert in Hardware Power Electronic Design.
- You have strong experience with simulation environments like Plecs, Matlab/Simulink, Microcap, Psim, Mathcad.
- You are able to work in multi-disciplinary, agile teams and you have proven experience in product design and development.
- You are a clear verbal communicator in English and, preferably, you are fluent in Italian.
- You are a passionate, flexible and creative person, willing to accept proactively the daily challenges to provide the best solution. You are a team worker and you like to be part of an international context.
More about us
More about us We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Daniela Oprandi, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate