R&D Firmware Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a R&D Firmware Engineer to join our Electrification business. In the context of Electronic Research and Development Department, following the Product Requirements made by marketing department, You will draw up technical specifications and FW requirements.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Manage FW project, realize the SW architecture and details design making the simulation of numerical filters or numerical calculation algorithms.
- Care about the design optimization by identification of the best technical solutions in terms of architectural and detail design, exploiting the maximum integration among the SW/FW applications and the HW/Sensors/Smart Devices.
- Manage the FW project development from pre-feasibility studies to test plan or whatever other required and the relevant documentation of the product.
- Make use of advanced tools for managing of SW Life Cycle: Requirements Management, SW Architecture, SW Configuration and Change Management, Testing and Defect Management, SW metrics. Carry out preliminary tests for verification and pre-validation of the FW subsystems analyzing the quality of the SW Process/Product on the theoretical
- Draw up the technical documentation required for the production and carries out activities to support and maintain the FW product.
- An Electronic/Information Science Engineering Master Degree.
- Knowledge of SW Engineering and various programming languages both high level and object-oriented (e.g. C++) and languages for typical embedded applications (e.g. C and assembler).
- Design experience in SW embedded for industrial applications.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency (written and verbal) Italian and English.
- Proactivity, negotiation and team working skills.
More about us
More about us We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate