R&D Manager / Product Lifecycle Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an R&D Manager / Product Lifecycle Manager for Motion Business Area in Beijing, China, you will be responsible for new product development and new feature development for existing products meeting scope, quality, budget and time targets.
This position reports to
Business Manager - E2E
- Leading the General performance drives Lifecycle management (LCM) team in System drives local division China. Being accountable for all technical aspects of products in your portfolio from development stage until product end of life. Stand for the best-in-class product performance, quality and reliability
- Being in this challenging role you will manage teams of multiple disciplines including R&D, Product engineering, Quality & Reliability and Customer Support to achieve different objectives of the product lifecycle
- Ensuring that people management processes are in place to enable appropriate organization, competence and skills to exist or be developed. Guiding, motivating and coaching team and individuals, both direct and indirect
- Managing and controlling team activities and resources including budgeting and reporting. Ensuring lean and agile execution of product development and maintenance projects according to product roadmap.
- Being a senior expert join resolution of critical quality and customer issues. Leverage global expert network in finding solutions and facilitate communication with different involved parties.
- Identifying suggestions for product quality improvements and analyze their feasibility with your teams and suppliers.
- Managing the project portfolio and contribute to global and local R&D and portfolio management processes
- Collaborating closely with other global and local functions such as product management, quality and customer experience, supply chain management, operations, technical sales support in defining and executing the product lifecycle roadmap.
- Identifying opportunities for LCM and R&D process improvements. Drive projects to eliminate lean waste and improve overall organization efficiency.
- Cooperating with universities and research centers to identify applicable future technologies
- A University Degree in Engineering (Master’s degree is strong plus).
- More than 5 years of R&D project management experience or management experience in R&D/PE position.
- Strong technical background in the area of electrical drives with previous experience in R&D or PE&Q
- Good R&D process knowledge including product creation process and Gate model.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and software design processes and tools.
- Knowledge of quality and reliability analysis tools as Physics-of-failures (PoF), Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) knowhow is a plus
- Fluency In English communication both oral and written
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.