R&D Product Manager - Molded Case Circuit Breakers
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The R&D Product Manager will support the ELSP (Smart Power) Business Breaker product line at our site in Bloomfield, CT. Displaying strong leadership skills and demonstrable experience in design, quality, safety and compliance, and new product development and implementation.
- The R&D Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the product line design, development, and manufacturing implementation of engineering programs that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Plan, execute, and report on the technical design, schedule, and test results of a program with guidance from senior engineering resources.
- Design, develop, analyze, and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market.
- Demonstrate conformance to Product Technical Specifications and international standards using Design for Six Sigma and Design for Reliability methodologies. Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Create and maintain technical documentation for all design work and present material for technical review including but not limited to tolerance loops, drawings, bill of materials, product cost, problem and action lists, risk management, and Failure root cause analysis reviews.
- Execute designs with solid modeling software (PTC Creo / Windchill) to create models, assemblies, detailed drawings, and BOMs for designs which may include plastic, stamped metal, and electrically conductive parts.
- Support manufacturing implementation of products through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering AND 8 years design experience
- Experience with Bill of Materials generation
- Proven ability to analyze test data and solve design issues
- Willingness to take on challenging assignments and ability to work within time constraints
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence and drive change/results
- Takes ownership and drives results
- Must possess a high level of motivation and resourcefulness working in an open environment
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Experience in Mechanical design related to electrical components or equipment desired
- Knowledge of certification standards for electrical equipment (UL, IEC, IEEE)
- Previous experience with automated generation of Bill of Materials
- Proven record of engineering analysis and design execution success
- Experience on thermal, stress, structural and short circuit, and analysis, using Pro-E as modeling tool
- LEAN/Six Sigma - Green Belt certified
- Circuit Breaker, Switchgear, Controls, Power Panels or other Electro-Mechanical design and testing experience
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid