R&D Program Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D (Research & Development) Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing and creating products, systems, services, and/or technologies for ABB´s Business Units by leading and managing the execution of multipole complex R&D projects and programs to meet project targets. You will Coordinate the work of multi-location and cross functional project teams. You will have an opportunity to lead in partnership with business managers, steering groups and product groups.
This position reports to
R&D Technology Manager
- Project leadership: Lead and manage complex projects and coordinate the work of multi-location and cross functional project teams
- Motivate and monitor internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones
- Project and program management: Manage the cost, schedule, and performance objectives of the projects within a program.
- Manage interdependencies between projects
- Ensure appropriate requirements within a program by partnering with relevant business units or other customers.
- Value management: Ensure understanding of customer value in the projects and acts to ensure customer satisfaction and manage
- Project execution and control: Ensure projects follow sound method-ology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures as well as external standards that influence activities and targets. Effectively organize monitors and controls activities to ensure achievement of planned stage gates and efficient utilization of available resources. Monitor and controls program cost and financials. Reports to and take directives from steering committee
- Manage uncertainties and risks: Ensure transparency around change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensure that they are properly managed and communicated.
- Mentoring and coaching: Coach and mentor R&D Project Managers and support professional development and talent pipeline
- Stakeholder relations: Serve as the key contact for stakeholders and an escalation point for program/project issues. Effectively communicate appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner to achieve de-sired understanding and support
- Collaboration: Lead in partnership with business managers, steering committees, product management, other internal functions and external parties. Coordinate activities with product and business management
- Projects, processes and tools: Initiate the development of and implements project management requirements, processes, methods, techniques, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Networking: Develop, manage and expand relationships with stake-holders, internal functions, Corporate Research Centers and external relevant parties (example customers, academia).
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of engineering, or project or program management experience
- Oil and Gas industry experience a plus
- PMP/ PMI-ACP/ CSM certification preferred
- Familiarity with ISO development processes/procedures desired
- Experience working with a gate model development environment a plus
- Experience in establishing and/or optimizing product development
- Experience taking embedded products from concept through to pro-duction
- Experience coordinating with teams using the agile development methodology
- Familiar with the development activities/processes required by the following disciplines: hardware, software, mechanical, layout, component engineering, production test and certification
- Experience developing detailed project plans consisting of the following: detailed schedules, budget, risk/risk mitigation, staffing allocation and planning
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid