R&D Project Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a R&D Project Manager to expand our global product development team for rail and e-mobility. You will be responsible for developing or creating products, systems, services or technologies for ABB´s Business Units by leading and managing the execution of one or more R&D projects to meet project targets.
- As project manager within ABB Traction you will usually run two projects in parallel, in different project phases.
- As project manager in this position, you will report to management level as steering committee and gate team.
- The project manager, with the support of cross-functional project team, is responsible for successful execution/delivery of assigned project(s) on-time, within budget with on quality & safety framework of ABB.
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as needed, to meet changing needs and requirements from stakeholders.
- Ensures a clear understanding of the project requirements by the project team.
- Drive requests and unresolved issues to the designated source for expedient resolution.
- Report progress on projects to all project stakeholders, internal and external.
- Effectively facilitate project status reviews with clients and internal project team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business management or similar.
- Three years of experience managing development projects is preferred.
- Preferably working experience from vehicle industry, including relevant standards and processes e.g. APQP and PPAP.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and sense of urgency in dealing with tasks.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken alike, whereas knowledge of Swedish and/or Chinese is preferred.
- High level of cooperation skills with different people and cultures.
- Strong team spirit, individual and structured leadership to deliver expected results on time, on budget and with high quality.
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. Recruiting Manager Ola Aglén, +4621-32 95 18, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Håkan Sjöberg, +4621-32 91 69; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621-32 85 47; Unionen: Ing-Marie B Lindgren-Turpeinen, +4621-32 95 83. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Linda Lundstedt, +4621-32 51 94. Apply the latest at 2023-03-26. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.