R&D Project Manager - CNMOTR
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D project manager – CNMOTR for Motion Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for leading local and cross-functional project/s with limited complexity and/or sub-project of a complex project as responsible for all elements of the project/s, motivating and leading internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Managing the project team allocated to the project, defining, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule and detailed work allocation, monitoring and controlling project cost and financials. Formalizing acceptance of the project and brings all the project elements to a conclusion, ensuring project results are transferred to relevant line organization or department responsible and capturing lessons learned
- Ensuring project follows sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures, ensuring projects follow external standards etc. that influence activities and targets
- Identifying, containing and reducing risk, ensuring appropriate handling of change requests, ensuring transparency around unforeseen results/events and identified risks and making sure that they are properly prioritized, managed and communicated
- Using own technical domain knowledge to provide technical support to colleagues or other functional teams
- Serving as the key contact for the project stakeholders, effectively communicating appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and to achieve desired understanding and support
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, internal functions, external relevant parties (e.g. customers, academia)
- A Bachelor or above degree required
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office, email communication, etc.
- Good level of written & reading skills in English
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills in English & Chinese
- Able to work actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking
- Good Teamwork spirit
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid