R&D Senior Embedded Software Engineer (80 - 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an R&D Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will contribute significantly to technology and product development projects by identifying and implementing innovative solutions. In this role, you will use your technical knowledge to oversee development tasks and to contribute to strategic technology plans and the project portfolio.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Write technical FW/SW specification following the requirements of project and product management
- Develop, implement and validate innovative FW/SW solutions for new products as well as for the lifecycle of existing products
- Deploy Special FW/SW features for dedicated execution of Customer Specific Projects
- Conduct and coordinate complex analyses and develop recommendations based on sound technology/engineering practices and business considerations
- Support production and after sales during trouble shooting phases
- Lead the overall design cycle of the new product, from simulation, design, test, validation and documentation
- Manage technical documentation and reports in support of highly effective and dynamic R&D operations
- Developing project IP strategies, as well as identifying and managing risks in R&D projects
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in embedded systems working as software/firmware developer
- Sound knowledge of C/C++ programming languages and software architecture design.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (e.g. Linux, RTOS) is considered as advantage
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as GIT, MS Azure DevOps or equivalent tools.
- Demonstrated abilities: strong analytical skills, manage multiple tasks, self-starter and independent.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and work in a multicultural environment.
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A University degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Fluency in Italian and English (written and spoken)
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation. We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate