R&D Senior Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D Senior Engineer for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for conducting and coordinating complex analyses and develop recommendations based on sound technology/engineering practices and business considerations.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Communicating with stakeholders to define, analyze, and break down requirements and implement user stories following SAFe and DevOps process.
- Defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Contributing to architecture and common framework for all related application software
- Communicating all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Overseeing progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Providing technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensuring software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Developing high-level product specifications and share knowledge cross organization
- Ensuring good view on the technology trend that impacts new product development and maintaining ABB product and technology in a leading position
- Having ability to do multi-task and manage multiple assignment in a fast-paced environment
- Above 6+ years’ software development experience in industrial application software
- Proficient with C++/C#, JS, HTML, Java or Object-C, python etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Good sense of user experience, software quality and performance
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM/SAFe software development process, experience as product owner is a plus
- A master’s degree or above in computer science, automation or related degree, equivalent professional experience
- Practical experience with vision and AI is a plus
- Experience/knowledge in robot is a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities in both English and Chinese
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.