R&D Senior Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As R&D Senior Engineer, you play an important role in the further development of our Hardware Platform & Technologies solutions. You will be part of the Hardware Platform & Technologies Team. Your team members are based in different parts of the world (part of the team is based in Delft), bringing a diverse set of cultures and skills. Your main location will be The Netherlands. The team has a drive for innovation and development. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Together with the Thermal and/or Electrical Designers work on the definition, creation and modification(s) of test setups, both in the climatic chambers and on-bench, including hooking up and configuring the various pieces of (high power) test equipment;
- Take responsibility for the safety of the test setup, ensure that test setups meet all safety requirements and follow the guidelines of the Lab Manager, IV/WV. Hold (or acquire soon after joining) a “Vakbekwaam” designation that will be renewed periodically. Assist the Thermal / Electrical Designers with ensuring safety during test execution;
- Build deep knowledge of systems used in the lab, keep up to date with (and where needed help define) the Lab safety requirements together with the other Lab personnel;
- Build and maintain a pool of test equipment, including needed calibrations and other checks. Provide recommendations on the purchase of new and replacement equipment;
- Work with other R&D locations to create a common set of test tools and practices to create synergies and avoid reinventing the wheel;
- Where needed assist with the preparation of test reporting.
- Educational background in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant Technical domain;
- Experience with designing and developing hardware test setups;
- Experience with software and hardware validation;
- Familiar with safety procedures working in High Power environments;
- Comfortable in the lab, pragmatic approach to creating up test setups / executing test plans with a solid eye to detail and accuracy; Hands on experience is important;
- Knowledge of test scripting for automating test setups, knowledge of Linux and Python;
- Fluent in English; Good English communication and reporting skills; Can outline an issue or proposal in a concise and unambiguous manner;
- Able to flourish in a fast growing dynamic business, where requirements and schedules are subject to frequent change; able of working in multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed teams;
- Available for occasional (international) travel as required by project execution.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66