R&D (senior) Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D (senior) Engineer, you will be in charge of R&D product design according to the customer’s needs and new technology development trend for Electrification Business Area in Xiamen, China. Reporting to the R&D Team Lead, you will guide or participate prototype manufacturing and type tests.
- Leading or participating MV switchgear R&D work according to project requirement, including mechanical components and electrical components 3D and 2D design, preparing related project document.
- Leading or conducting related analysis and simulation during product development, experiences of quality tools (such as DFM/A, FMEA, six-sigma) and mechanical and electrical simulations.
- Guiding or participating prototype manufacturing and type tests.
- Being responsible for problem analysis and solving of product technical related issues, providing technical support.
- Cooperating with other departments and other TCs and LBU/GPGs in order to finish project on time and target
- 3~ 5 years’ experience in power products (Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, apparatus),
- Prefer GIS experience
- Knowledge about power system knowledge and relevant IEC/GB/DL standards
- Knowledge in MS office tools, SolidWorks, Auto-CAD, SAP, and simulation tool and other related,
- Familiar with power products new technology development trend, such as Switchgear Monitoring & Diagnostic etc.
- Familiar with manufacture processes of various parts
- A bachelor’s degree or above, major in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical design
- Be good at oral and written English
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good teamwork spirit, able to adapt to cross-cultural working environment, to take responsibility and pressure.
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.