R&D Testing & Laboratory Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will execute tests on different devices using your knowledge of standard references and testing methodologies, investigating, and resolving critical product issues, optimizing processes, and verifying product compliance. In this role, you will analyze and document test results for use in the development of new products, as well as defining the details, test sequences, testing methods and procedures, and equipment and instrumentation to be used.
- Planning and the implementing test plans, assigning the right priority and overseeing the allocated resources.
- Training new team members in test operations and processes.
- Preparing, reviewing, managing, and updating documents.
- Proposing improvements to test techniques based on experience and knowledge of trends and equipment.
- Assisting external certification inspectors during testing activities for ABB products and external customer products.
- Ensuring that prototypes are correctly assembled, tests are correctly performed, and activities are thoroughly reported.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, mechatronic.
- Experience on Research & Development, Technology, Product, Design, or Application, circuit breaker design, instrument transformer & operation.
- Reading electrical plans, experience in electrical connections such as wiring.
- Experience in simulations for dielectric, static or dynamic forces is desirable.
- Intermediate Advanced English Level.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite