Region Business Development Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. Mission statement: Support top-management in the definition and implementation of the Region Division strategy. Lead and contribute to business development projects in the area of M&A, as well as partnerships and the merchandising agreements. Define and implement business strategies and plans for profitable growth including new market opportunities and white spots (organic and inorganic). Align with identified market needs and growth areas. Proactively develop differentiating strategic ideas, alternative business scenarios, etc. for the Region Division. Provide feedback and required support to the global division
- Drives and supports M&A analysis for inorganic growth, connected to market opportunities, white spots in current portfolio, and customer needs. Leads Region M&A processes, from identification of potential target companies, deal pros & cons analysis, through negotiation, until deal closing and integration start, in close collaboration with the business and other functions as needed. Supports the businesses in the post-acquisition integration (on case-by case basis), and supports the global division on large scale/division wide M&A opportunities.
- In conjunction with the regional management team, identifies partnership opportunities and participates in the definition of partnership agreements or joint ventures. Identifies opportunities to strike partnerships in the area of reselling the offerings from the market players in order for ELIP to complete a comprehensive portfolio within the ELIP scope.
- Leads and contributes to regional strategy definition and execution through the analysis and identification of markets, customer segments, competitive moves, offerings of respective global business, etc.
- Works closely with the global division management team to identify, define and follow-up the strategy and business plans and supports the implementation. Ensures optimized delivery and use of various regional (customer, competitor, financial, business, or market) information within business decision making.
- Develops and maintains regional database for market research (of both competitor and customer moves), systematically analyzes and monitors market dynamics and updated market intelligence for new business opportunities. Proactively tracks broader financial market sentiment, seeks current information, and advises management about market opinion and trends. Develops appropriate communications for the key audiences and communicates outputs effectively to the right people.
- In conjunction with the Product Leader, analyzes customer needs for the portfolio, securing customer advantages and benefits, as well as conducting white spot analysis and defining relevant strategies to penetrate the market. Identifies opportunities and drives actions necessary to expand into the newly defined area. Works closely with Product Management & Marketing, Sales, as well as Research and Development (R&D).
- Collaborates with all related internal contacts to ensure alignment, efficiency, and effectiveness in the implementation of the business strategy. Drives and ensures knowhow sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Support ensuring a safe working environment, continuous HSE improvement processes, integrity performance and Group standards.
- Leading by example to drive the right behaviors, personally living the ABB values of Courage, Care, Curiosity, Collaboration.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Strategy, business development, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Deal team leadership experience
- Strong and effective communicator
- Ideally, Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Knowledge of the electrification market a plus, but not required
- High level of autonomy and business acumen
- Ability to build network, good stakeholder management towards all levels within the business, functions, global partners
- Ability to lead change and influence people without having a direct authority
- Highest integrity and compliance
- Strategic and result oriented
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and success driven
- Proven leadership and intercultural skills
- International experience in previous roles a plus, but not required
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.