Region Partner Business Director – APAC – Energy & Process Industries
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Join us as Region Partner Business Director – APAC – Energy & Process Industries for our Process Automation Business Area where you will be providing the overall sales leadership in Asia Pacific & Australia for Indirect Sales of Energy Industries and Process Industries by leading dedicated resources in pure channel play segments and driving shared resources in mix-sales segments. Reporting to Region Partner Business – Asia – Energy & Process Industries and will be based in Subang Jaya, Malaysia.
- Developing and maintaining a highly effective indirect sales strategy for the region by local division to improve ABB market penetration and realize growth aspirations
- Coordinating sales and marketing efforts that require channel partner participation. Ensuring appropriate local engagement, communication, promotion, and training activities are set in motion to best enable sales efforts
- Constantly monitoring competitive positioning and increase visibility through proactive marketing communication towards channels to market
- Identifying and evaluating new partners within a proper commercial rationalization framework
- Assessing the existing portfolio and continuously monitor performance and the value proposition to drive the necessary portfolio cleanups
- Leading sales and account management, customer service and tender management where applicable and supporting driving strategic partnerships through developing personal relationships with key partners, customers, and other decision makers
- Driving the right level of web, digital and inbound marketing, and boost e-business as applicable and connect with the rest of the organization on implementation and adoption of common initiatives and practices
- Ensuring use of standard tools and processes and reporting to relevant internal partner teams and form a team that is driven by utilization metrics, competence, and personal development to ensure (with HR manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent area of study or experience), MBA is a plus, alternative areas of study can be offset by practical experience
- Multi-discipline background including experience in commercial, sales, technical and channel management in adjacent industries within global and/or complex organization with 10+ years of experience
- High say/do ratio, self-drive, credibility and energy and Advanced problem solving and project management skills
- Proven ability to design and execute change management strategies from scratch and drive them to success and Personal leadership with high accountability, results orientation, and ability to work in indirect and virtual teams
- Team player with outstanding communication and presentation skills and Global mind-set and inter-cultural sensitivity
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart, and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize, and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.