Regional PMO - Digital - Europe
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. In this role you will be accountable for the management of all project execution activities for the Business Line Digital in Europe.
- In this role you will ensure industrial software projects are executed in accordance with company procedures, relevant cyber security regulations and standards, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments.
- You will coordinate and oversee team development and standardized process development to continually improve effectiveness of project execution teams.
- Budget and operations planning: Lead the Sales and Operations planning with other members of the BL Digital regional management team and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capability and capacity.
- Participate in the budgeting process jointly with Regional General Manager and Controller.
- Own and meet project delivery schedule with highest quality & customer satisfaction.
- Project execution and control: Drive Project Management activities to meet monthly, quarterly, yearly Revenue, billing and margin targets
- Supervise project execution and performance management through project reviews with management and Project Managers to ensure contract fulfilment and approves any project deviations if part of the accountability.
- Take an active role in resolving escalated issues, especially those raised by the customer.
- Ensure the portfolio of projects follows good methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures and that projects are closed as per contracts entered with customers.
- Contract and claims & Procurement Management: Ensure that projects consistently apply contract and claims management in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
- Project Recovery: Monitor the project portfolio to ensure early identification of deteriorating execution performance.
- Prevent further deterioration by providing timely support to troubled projects, identifying root causes of problems, giving guidance, coaching and where necessary, direct support to troubled projects.
- Leadership and development: Ensure that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model, sufficiently staffed with skilled resources, and directed appropriately.
- Guide, motivate, and develop direct and indirect reports
- Develops project execution capacity and capability in line with ABB policies, directives, instructions, and guidelines.
- Oversee competency assessments and ensures that the project staff are licensed and certified appropriately.
- Take calculated risk for supporting digital growth.
- Bachelor’s / Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years’ experience and strong track record in project/program management for automation and OT / software industry with focus on digitalization and Industrial Software
- Proven experience in driving digital Project execution for complex global organizations, ideally in a B2B environment (Process, Energy, software, technology, automation)
- Deep Experience in the industrial software environment; Division-specific industry exposure (industrial automation/advanced software/…) preferred experience and background in either one or more of the Division industrial domains of Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Food & Beverage
- Ability to deliver complex deliverables under demanding timelines. Be flexible with changes and keep the customer focused and stay within the scope of the engagement.
- Strong command of ABB project management tools and system (e.g. SAP, IPM)
- Proven collaborator and inspirational leader with the ability to drive success in direct and matrix organization
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, additional language a plus
- Availability to travel regionally as required
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid