Robotics Project Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Project Engineer, you will be the support person for various robot and PLC programming engineering projects in Robotics & Discrete Automation/Consumer Segments and Service in Tuzla, Istanbul providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will make technical recommendations in various phases of customer projects to ensure successful delivery of project deliverables on time, within budget and in line with quality and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for offline and online robot and PLC programming.
- Simulation of designed tools and equipment.
- Making the reachability studies of tools and robots in ABB 3D RobotStudio software.
- Preparing documentations for design output.
- Having and pro-active role in supply chain for the mechanical parts ABB procures from suppliers starting from selection until quality control processes.
- Following manufacturing, assembly and start-up phases of designed equipments to ensure quality and functionality.
- Preparing documentations for ABB standards.
- Supporting R&D projects and developing new robotic cells.
- Represent ABB during site visits, communicating at all levels to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist salespeople during customer visits when necessary.
- University degree in Mechatronic, or Electric/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in automation/robotics will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of industrial robot and PLC operations and servo systems, including electrical and software interfaces.
- Preferably have process knowledge in one or more disciplines such as, material handling, press automation, picking/packing/palletizing, camera applications etc.
- Preferably have a working knowledge of control systems, I/O, PLC and bus communication for building automation control systems.
- Experience in ABB Robots is a definite plus.
- Experience in Siemens S7 Simatic Manager and TIA Portal is a must.
- Have a valid Driving License.
- Very good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- No limitation for travel and willing to travel.
- Advance English skills.
- Turkish knowledge is a must.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: remote #LI-remote Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Work model: on site #LI-onsite