Robotics Project Lead Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the technical lead and design authority for engineering activities related to Press Automation Solutions (PAS) engineering projects in the robotics department based in Sant Quirze del Vallès. In this role, you will drive excellence, making technical recommendations to ensure that engineering activities are effectively executed in accordance with expectations, specifications, standards and safety requirements, while identifying improvement opportunities.
- Engineering supervision and electrical and mechanical design of the equipment to be used in our projects.
- Collaborate with the onsite team during project installation and supervision of site activities performance.
- Aiding contract managers with claims related to changes in the project scope, including assessing cost and time impacts, as well as risk quantifications.
- Providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals, while assisting project managers in technical reviews and discussions with customers and others.
- Creating and delivering work plans, resource requirements, proposals, engineering estimates, and risk and opportunity analyses.
- Resolving complex technical issues both remotely and at customer sites.
- Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by offering dialogue and excellent service at all times.
- Working and networking with engineering colleagues, disseminating best practices.
- Overseeing new subcontracts and assisting the supply chain in managing subcontractors.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in projects of automation with robots, working as project engineer.
- Sound knowledge of project management and engineering techniques, processes and tools, including project planning tools.
- A strong focus on safe work practices and dedication to following workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical and/or Electrical engineer.
- High level of English and Spanish. Knowledge of German and/or French will be valued.
- Willingness to travel (international projects) around 10% of the time.
- Current drive license valid in Spain.
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-hybrid