Senior Automation Engieer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Automation Engineer for Process Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for assisting sales team as technical expert of automation, digitalization in the fields of lubricants & Grease, Paints, coatings &resins, Pulp & paper, and Specialty chemicals.
This position reports to
Global Segment Manager-Chemicals&Refinin
- Working closely with sales team to contact and discuss with customer on an efficient basis
- Analyzing customer needs for the portfolio, secure customer advantages and benefits as well as white spot analysis and connected strategies to co-operation with sales
- Preparing commercial & technical proposals, technical clarification and cost justification
- Monitoring supplier’s commercial & technical proposal
- Being responsible for risk review document preparation with sales
- Working as automation lead and interface management between FR and CN
- Being responsible for circuit diagram design using CAD software such as AutoCAD
- Developing control program using 800xA software and others
- Completing design task on time at the condition of qualities
- Being responsible for site commissioning and site service
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above in Automation Engineering or relevants
- Minimum 5 years of Automation,Digitalization working Experience in Chemical Industry; especially in the fields of lubricants & Grease, Paints,coatings &resins, Pulp & paper, and/or specialty chemical (adhesives etc.) production is preferred
- Working Experience in Multinational Company, Design Institute and Engineering Company is preferred.
- Ability to understand customer needs and sell the value of ABB solution to the customer.
- Knowledge of automation system, products and applications: SCADA/DCS/SIS/PLC system etc.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.
- Great communication skills, problem solving skills, initiative and teamwork spirit with global team and international partners
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.