Senior Control Software Engineer for Traction Applications (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For our competence center at ABB Traction in Turgi, we are looking for a (flexible, highly motivated) Senior Control Software Engineer to strengthen our multi-disciplinary Engineering team. If you like working in a dynamic environment, developing traction application software for a wide range of vehicles such as trams, locomotives, trains or buses, "mixing" technical challenges and customer focus, this opportunity is for you!
This position reports to
- You develop control software for customer projects for traction converters and battery storage systems from the software requirements definition to the operational release running on the final system.
- You create and update software documentation according to the defined standards and homologation needs.
- You test and troubleshoot software in diverse environments like real-time simulator, laboratory, and finally on the vehicle.
- You support commissioning on site as well as remotely. You are willing to travel between 20 to 30% of the time.
- You provide technical support to your peers, to other disciplines and to the customer during bid phase, project development, laboratory testing, homologation, and initial operation.
- You contribute to the further development of SW standardization by extending and maintaining libraries and software architecture.
- You have a University (Higher education) degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- You bring a minimum of 3 years of working experience in SW development for closed loop control, signal processing, algorithms, and real time programming mechanisms
- You have experience with Matlab-Simulink or IEC 61131-3 programming languages
- You have a broad knowledge of converter control and power electronics
- You have knowledge of SW Versioning tools (SVN, Git) and bring a well-structured approach to creating high-quality software and documentation
- This is a plus if you bring some understanding of SW development processes standards (like EN 50657, EN 50128 or IS0 26262)
- You have the ability to work effectively in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, the ability to learn quickly and flair to face new challenges
- You bring a creative and solution-focused approach and show strong written and spoken communication skills
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid