blish and maintain local supplier quality related procedures & practices, based on global procedures and secure full supplier management in SAP Ariba. Based on local ABB organization, size and type of business (Production / project), the role might be split in responsibilities between several individuals/roles. Also technical responsibilities (like product qualification/approval) between SQE and engineering to be defined locally. Responsibility splits with buyers, Category managers and local SCM can be decided locally (like for planning and lead SPE or supplier development). Note: project expediting is not part of the scope.
This position reports to
Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
- Drive the supplier qualification/re-qualification process and ensure the supply base is and remain fully qualified and compliant. Support supplier onboarding (buyer responsible).
- Plan and conduct, or ensure, required supplier assessments including assessment reporting and non-conformance reporting.
- Verify effective closure of assessment non-conformances, by the supplier. Ensure each supplier is in compliance with the ABB Supplier Code of Conduct, ethics and corporate governance, ABB standards and applicable regulatory requirements. Ensure every supplier is linked to a GUID and all masterdata OK.
- Schedule, monitor and approve supplier part, material and project subcontractor service activities, as applicable. It is required often close coordination with other functions/experts like engineering and where applicable includes PPAP, Production Part Approval process Perform required product surveillance at supplier manufacturing site.
- Operationally lead and fast execute upcoming supply issues like quality issues, late deliveries, non-conforming products or project services. For any issue with likely root cause supplier, prepare a claims case for the responsible buyer.
- Develop and support targeted suppliers to achieve conformance with ABB requirements and continual improvement in quality, https://e.g. reduction of variation; sustainability, service/delivery performance. Note: the buyer is overall responsible for delivery performance and cost reduction. Decision to develop a supplier to be done in close cooperation with concerned category manager and execution, where possible, to be funded by the supplier.
- Monitor and report supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions. Initiate and lead, or support, required Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPE) and secure that the results are shared with the supplier (buyer responsible).
- Define & develop with local unit counterparts (Sourcing, Quality, Operations, R&D / Technology) local quality procedures& practices. Ensure that defined systems and practices are in line with existing Group/Division/BU instructions and procedures.
- Ensure full and appropriate utilization of SAP Ariba according to global ABB procedure including required information for supplier classification by our category teams is available. Ensure full utilization of local system for reporting, monitoring and disposition of quality and on time delivery (OTD). Ensure supplier quality cost is reported according to ABB procedure.
- Complete special quality/quality management projects, as required. It is important the knowledge of ISO 9001, TS 16949, CQI, PPAP as well as the knowledge of technical regulation and standard for supplier (https://i.e. RoHS, REACH).
- The role requires close cooperation with category teams, responsible buyers, Q&OPEX, Sustainability/HSE, R&D/Engineering and project tender teams, among others. Represents the “Voice of Supplier” to ABB, https://e.g. R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Quality, and Manufacturing.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering or High School Diploma in Technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar roles.
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken.
- Six-Sigma certification is preferred.
- Proactivity, teamwork skills, problem solving and result orientation will complete your profile.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Daniela Oprandi, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate