Senior Embedded Linux Application Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Senior Embedded Linux Application Engineer, you play an important role in the development of next-generation software for our state-of-the-art EV charging technologies. You will be part of a small, agile and multi-disciplinary team within the bigger R&D team, based in Delft. The team consists of 5 members and brings a diverse set of skills and cultures. On a daily basis, they focus on the stabilizing and improving our software solutions. Will you answer the call to be the heart and soul of our daily software innovations?
- Perform new system bring up including various wired and wireless networks on multiprocessor, multicore systems.
- Bring NXP HAB (secure boot) solution and TPM 2.0 modules and application software to production.
- Leverage cutting edge heterogeneous multiprocessing systems to fulfill customer requirements.
- Write device trees and build scripts to maintain a Buildroot based Linux distribution that supports safe, secure and encrypted Over-the-Air updates.
- Work closely with a cross-functional product development team to define and create tightly integrated hardware and software.
- Design for testability is an important aspect, because verifying the correct operation of hard- and software can be challenging.
- You are a professional with at least a B.Sc. in an Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any other related filed.
- You have at least 3 years of experience with the development of embedded Linux (Buildroot/Yocto or a similar build system) for reliable, networked applications.
- You have hands-on experience in embedded C/C++, Bash and Python.
- You have experience with Linux device tree and driver development and debug experience with IP-based networking and network-aware software development. Knowledge of I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, RS485 and other busses is a plus.
- Fluent in modern SCM workflows (i.e. Git and Gerrit).
- Contribution to an open-source project is a huge plus.
- A strong written and verbal communicator. Driven to achieve tight goals, and motivated by the mission of the organization you are involved with.
- Innovative, creative, flexible, and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66