Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Java
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Java, you play an important role in the development of our state-of-the-art EV charging technologies. In specific, you focus on the Terra™ fast charging equipment. You will be part of a small, agile and multi-disciplinary team within the bigger R&D team, based in Eindhoven/ Delft. The team consists of 13 members; living the values of being open, supportive and innovative. On a daily basis, they focus on stabilizing and improving our software solutions. Will you answer the call to be the heart and soul of our daily software innovations?
- You will design and develop the embedded applications for our Electric Vehicle battery fast charger products.
- You will be one of our Java developers that will create solutions for our market opportunities.
- You will work in a geographically distributed Scrum team of talented engineers in an open and friendly environment.
- Together you will bring the product from idea to implementation.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent skill level;
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience with Java projects;
- You are skilled in working with Linux and Git;
- You can design efficient algorithms for resource-constrained environments;
- You follow a high standard for software quality e.g. SOLID principles and design patterns;
- You are equipped and familiar with TDD and BDD skills;
- Having experience with working with resource constraint- or embedded systems is preferred.
- Having knowledge of Cybersecurity an embedded setting is a plus;
- Robot framework experience as a plus (e.g. for creation of Component tests)
- Prior experience (or willingness to learn) Golang is a plus
- You can work in multi-disciplinary, Agile teams;
- You have proven experience in product design and development;
- You have good analytical and engineering skills;
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66