Senior Group Technical Accounting Specialist, Revenue Recognition
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As the Senior Group Technical Accounting Specialist, Revenue Recognition, you will be reporting to the Head of Technical Accounting of the ABB Group, headquartered in Switzerland. With a primary focus on revenue recognition, you will be ensuring a true and fair view of financial data provided to all stakeholders of ABB in compliance with the ABB Accounting & Reporting Policies based on US GAAP as well as other relevant instructions including regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Furthermore, you will be ensuring efficient operation of group Accounting & Reporting (A&R) processes to facilitate timely and accurate preparation of Group reporting in line with the latest regulatory requirements.
- Primarily responsible for serving as the Group revenue recognition subject matter expert, collaborating with global business contacts to determine the appropriate treatment of complex sales transactions
- Responsible for operational execution and processes of the ABB Group, including definition of the standards and policies for A&R, validation and processing of subsidiaries’ inputs and preparation of Group public reports
- Researching on technical accounting matters and preparing technical accounting memos for internal stakeholders and the external auditors
- Leading role in group-wide projects with focus on continuous improvement of A&R, including the implementation of updates to US GAAP standards
- Organizing and facilitating internal and external training on accounting and reporting related matters
- Designing and maintaining internal controls over financial reporting and performing control activities in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- First point of contact for the group external auditors to ensure the appropriate accounting conclusion is reached
- Master’s level degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Subject matter expert in ASC 606 revenue recognition
- U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) coupled with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in technical accounting and financial reporting according to US GAAP and SEC standards, ideally in one of the 'Big 4' accounting firms.
- International work experience or exposure obtained in a multinational company in the industrial sector
- Experience in finance project management involving significant change management
- Experience in delivering accounting and reporting trainings according to US GAAP standards
- Fluent in English, other languages are an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise guidance and instructions to subsidiaries, other Group functions and Business Areas
- Ability to be diplomatic and yet persistent in the resolution of identified deviations from ABB Accounting & Reporting Policies
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with personnel at all organizational levels and contributing to a team
- Cultural sensitivity, self-motivated and used to working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed. Alexander Davies Corporate Talent Partner, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid