nsportation. In this highly technological and rising market, we are developing and supplying these Electrical Vehicle Charger Infrastructure across the globe. Based in our new location in san Giovanni Valdarno (AR), Italy, we are looking for a Senior Engineer for our Product Engineering team.
This position reports to
Local Product Eng. Team Manager
- Lead and manage projects and activities during the life cycle of the products after the release for sales. Coordinate work of multi-location and cross-functional project team/s.
- Motivate and monitor internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Manage the cost, schedule and performance objectives of the projects and its work packages within a global organization. Manage interdependencies between cross-functional workstreams in order to realize specified deliverables and benefits.
- Ensure appropriate requirements within the projects by partnering with relevant business unit/s or external resources. Ensure understanding of customer value in the projects and acts to ensure customer satisfaction and manage expectations. Take into consideration requirements and demand coming from customers and from internally within ABB.
- Ensure transparency around change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensure that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensure that all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Manage all products variants and customization request in according to the ABB gate model from the request to the release for sales. Work closely with product manager, operation, sales units, development teams, providing the best solution to fulfill the business case and customer satisfaction in terms of response and delivery time, quality level and product performance.
- Transfer new products from RnD development team to Operation with all the set of documentation (Electrical Schematics, BoM, Working Instruction, Spare parts list, Product Manuals….).
- Master degree or similar with a solid technical background (electrical engineering, mechatronics, electronics, power systems or other) that fits to our a R&D organization
- Project management skills - typically 2 - 5 years
- Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience as project engineer, with a good feeling for software, understand Power electronics, solid mechanical and electrical understanding,
- Product standard certification
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken
- Proactivity, teamwork skills, problem solving and result orientation will complete your profile.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. Work model: remote #LI-remote Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Work model: on site #LI-onsite