Senior Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Service Engineer, you will execute medium to high complex service work according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB Electrification Distribution Solutions Service.
- Serve as the primary on-site representative to the ABB end customer/user and other ABB field personnel.
- Preserve ABB’s Safety Culture on every aspect and as first priority, in the field and always keeping an eye on co-workers.
- Occasionally have additional team leader administrative responsibilities to coordinate internal field service activities.
- Perform duties as the Project Manager for all assigned ABB product lines and assist the customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multiple types of ABB products.
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs.
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership.
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other ABB stakeholders.
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for services, and support.
- Assist customer with spare parts ordering, issues resolution, and provisioning.
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to HSE, Quality, Integrity, etc.
- Perform duties in Power Delivery, Medium & Low Voltage Electrification, Drives Systems, Control Systems etc.
- Comply with all ABB and end customer HSE policies and procedures and maintain a safe and compliant work area.
- Escalate any HSE violations immediately to ABB representative at project site and/or HSE personnel.
- Manage all SOW milestones and deliverables are achieved in accordance with timeframes and contractual obligations as specified in SOW.
- Continuously review processes for productivity improvements and cost savings.
- Maintain documentation on assignments, complete reports, and test reports, understanding and utilizing job related software at completion of each assignment.
- Develop relationships with customers for continuous business opportunities/referrals.
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% or greater of the time in region and help other areas as needed.
- Promptly book travel arrangements upon receipt of assignments.
- Always wear personal protective equipment/uniforms.
- Engineering degree or technical college or combination of 2-5 years, with minimum 3 years in power delivery field, preferred in Electrical.
- Advance theoretical with 2 -5 years of experience in a field engineering role including a minimum of 3 years of experience performing power systems analysis and a minimum of 1 year of experience in customer support and the development of successful customer relationships.
- Works on extremely complex service operations.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of the National Electrical Code (NEC), Safety Codes and Regulations and QA (Local & National).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management.
- Project management or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence customers and peers.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid