Service Engineer DC charger Hardware
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Service Development Engineer DC charger Hardware, you will become the expert on the hardware for DC charging and related systems, especially focusing on their serviceability. This means bridging internal (R&D, Product management, Testers, Interoperability team) and external stakeholders (Local service organizations, Customers) into product improvements. You will be part of the Service Engineering Team. This team is the link between the different aspects of EV charging: Hardware, software, connectivity, serviceability and customer focus. The team is are mainly based in Delft but growing in other locations as well (Italy, USA). It links to different parts of the world , bringing a diverse set of cultures and skills. The team has a drive for collaboration, focus, responsibility and transparency. We will deliver excellent customer service by meeting customers’ needs, while maintaining good relationships with customer.
- Become the expert on DC charging systems. Both towards internal (R&D, Product management, Testers, Interoperability team) and external stakeholders (Local service organizations, Customers).
- Translate practical service execution experience into development requirements.
- Inspect new products on practical serviceability.
- Propose improvements.
- Support local and regional ABB service organizations in countries around the globe with solving their case escalations.
- Assist local teams and customers with pilot installations and commissioning’s of chargers. Analyze pilot results and feed back to product development.
- Actively participate in improvement for chargers and services.
- Offer advice on complex electrical or mechanical problems based on data obtained from our cloud connected service systems.
- Act as an expert. Be the knowledge base to and maintain solutions for the operational service teams.
- Write instructions and manuals to inform and train others.
- Go into the field yourself when the situation requires expert level investigation.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field, for example Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, IT.
- Experience in operating/maintaining and/or designing electrical installations
- You are interested in working with charging systems 20kW- 2 MW for the mobility of the future.
- You are able to work independently and proactively.
- You are solution-oriented and like to find sustainable solutions.
- You are eager to learn and ready to develop technical skills within this area.
- You have good communication skills towards both external and internal parties.
- You are capable of working in multidisciplinary teams and you have excellent knowledge of the English language both speaking and in writing.
- Preferably also knowledge of Dutch and one or more other languages.
- Willing to travel if the occasion requires.
- Occasionally be available outside normal office hours.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Tessa van den Hoek, via [email protected]