Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Join ABB as part of a team committed to a future where innovative digital technologies enable access to cleaner energy. ABB's Process Automation business offers a wide range of solutions for process and hybrid industries, including industry-specific integrated automation, electrification and digital solutions, control technologies, software and advanced services, as well as measurement and analysis equipment, marine and turbocharging solutions. Process Automation ranks second in the global market. We work closely with clients, writing the future of safe and smart operations. Within the Benelux Service Department Energy Industries we are looking for a Service Engineer. Our Industry & Utility customers depend on our automated systems. With a new installation or an upgrade of an existing system, you are the service engineer who brings IT and process automation together. If there are issues at our customers site, you will be on site quickly on behalf of ABB to solve the problem. This happens by the way regularly remote from the office or home workplace. That makes you not only a source of information for both customer and colleague, but also ambassador of ABB.
This position reports to
Service Team Leader
- Set up and maintain network configurations.
- Independently performing the installation and maintenance of industrial automation systems.
- Update technical documentation of ABB installations.
- Making default diagnoses and troubleshooting industrial automation systems.
- Prepare and perform upgrades to existing installations.
- Platform support in projects
- As a service engineer you are on the road a lot to help customers, where you constantly make new contacts, get to know existing customers better and provide them with the necessary advice. It is a real combination function where you are both in the office and out. Together with other engineers, you form the heart of ABB's service department. You will be supervised by one of our engineers during your training period.
- You understand what good service means. Just as you understand that a malfunction at our customers is annoying and must be solved as quickly as possible. That's why you feel responsible for getting everything up and running again. You think along with customers and ensure that ABB's products and services work as optimally as possible. This also means that you advise on new system upgrades and other developments that help customers further.
- A bachelor's/master's degree in industrial automation, IT or similar.
- Knowledge of IT, network applications, client & server systems, virtualization and network topology.
- Experience with Microsoft software, Active Directory and domain configurations.
- Some knowledge of DCS and/or PLC systems.
- Good command of the Dutch and English or French and English language in word and writing.
- You are willing to work in the Benelux.
- The willingness to work on a picket duty once every 4 to 5 weeks.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com