Service Engineer - Motion
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer for Motion Business Area in Cheonan, South Korea, you will execute Service work with low to medium complex service work according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines.
This position reports to
- Performing low to medium complex Service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.)
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creating and maintaining a good relationship with customers and understands their needs
- Coordinating, preparing and ensuring that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities. Preparing standard lists for ease of work.
- Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. Creating standards or job durations
- Identifying potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshooting complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Identifying suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes
- Ensuring that HSE practices are of high standard. Works to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents
- Applying functional processes considering links to other teams
- More than 2 years of experience in Drives and Motor/Generators application, working as field service engineer with drives and motor/generators knowledges
- Sound knowledge of hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning, repairing and customer support of the drives and motors applications/systems in any kind of industry or sector
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic or any equivalence
- Ability to travel to domestic and/or international sites (> 50%)
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Good in verbal and written English, native Korean
- Current drivers license valid in Korea
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.