Service Engineer - Process Automation, Cheonan
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service. Reporting to Sales Manager, you will provide routine maintenance and on-site or remote technical support.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Identifying opportunities to develop new service applications, equipment and methods
- 0 - 5 year working experience of Service in electrical & mechanical field
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of measurement & analytical products is preferred
- Ability to travel to domestic and/or international sites (>50%)
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree, major in Electrical, Control & Measurement & Mechanical engineering
- Current driver’s license valid in Korea
- Flexible work practices
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.