Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Senior Service engineer and will be part of Electrification business area for Services division based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. In this role you will be reporting to Service Local Division Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers, executing technical support, acting as specialist, solving problems in own expertise area, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities are utilized for service growth
- Ensuring compliance with group health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are implemented, assessing risks and safety hazards, implementing plans to ensure people and equipment safety
- Showing personal commitment to HSE by conducting sustainability observation tours consistently, investigating customer needs through professional consulting, providing technical consulting on service solutions to management and customers
- Providing technical support, solving problems in any service category (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.)
- Determining effective service applications, equipment and methods to develop, marketing or manufacturing new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively, managing customer relationships, maintaining regular contacts with key customers
- Identifying new sales opportunities, proactively communicating, conducting specialist support and advisory service for sales team, coordinating and performing specialist service projects in relevant areas internally and externally, including all commercials
- Preparing all documents, reporting to be signed by the customer representative and following up, proactively identifying suggestions for product and quality improvement, communicating them further in the ABB organization and providing recommendations
- Providing technical specialist leadership and coordinating for the service team, planning activities in a timely and cost-effective way, coordinating the work of internal and external technicians, assigning them specific tasks related to service needs and monitoring performance
- Working with account teams for identifying opportunities in the installed base, working to reduce the cost and improving the quality of delivery of service and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic language, French will be an advantage
- strong technical knowledge in ABB Electrification products, good awareness with sub-suppliers components specification
- Knowledge of electrical networks and if possible, a background about salesforce.
- Capability to learn to bid in different products (ELSE have a huge product portfolio) with complete responsibilities for risks considerations during evaluation or during order execution.
More about us
ABB’s Electrification business is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy. Work model: on site #LI-onsite