the power delivery business. In this operational and customer-focused growth role, you will lead and directly manage a team of field service personnel to “win in the market” and focus on their safety, training and utilization.
- Relentless focus on EHS by ensuring that employee and customer safety practices are in compliance with Provincial regulations and ABB/Customer specific policies.
- Lead with100% integrity and foster an engaged and empowered culture every day.
- Own the Services revenue and margin generation. Ensure projects are quoted and executed to as-sold expectations and fulfillment meets customer requirements.
- Leverage business acumen, customer relationships and critical thinking to optimize profitability and growth.
- Lead team to deliver P&L monthly targets. Work closely with finance, supply chain, sales, commercial operations etc., and where appropriate roll up sleeves to own the details of executing services.
- Lead profitable growth by strategically evaluating & recommending needs for training, qualified field resources and plant and equipment investment request.
- Drive strategic customer partnerships and provide effective support to Region customer service objectives.
- Manage operations budgets, (sales, CM), cost control, quality, and operations-oriented customer communications.
- Prepare and participate in appropriate business reviews to ensure that the backlog is accurate and reflects the current knowledge on projects, sales orders and execution schedules.
- Ownership on the utilization of resources within her/his team. This ownership will include the effective collaboration with other teams to ensure optimal utilization across the business as well. The SM will also review and update the required scheduling tools to manage the utilization and forecast
- Proactively work with the Commercial/Sales team to generate profitable volume.
- Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, goals and business metrics, performance appraisals, and career coaching.
- As needed, support Customer issue resolution and will take ownership on the resolution process and customer updates. Include the implementation of actions to improve the NPS score. Engage directly with customers to discuss service performance and improvements.
- Promote effective communication channels to ensure better team engagement, accessibility and business engagement
- https://B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or technologists diploma combined with experience.
- Minimum 10 years as a Field Engineer and/or similar professional business experience
- Minimum 5 years Canada industry experience.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Knowledge of Electrical Distribution (ED) equipment
- Experience managing complex projects and on-site outages with multiple subcontractors.
- Ability to manage high demand at a fast pace with changing priorities.
- Two years profit & loss (P&L) and/or 5 years leading a local field service office.
- Historical unwavering integrity
- Self directed and highly motivated
- Proven growth leadership
- Strong team building skill set
- Exceptionally strong customer service mindset
- Proactive and strong leadership/negotiations skills
- Solid communication skills
- Strong business/commercial skills
- Green Belt or Lean certified
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage appli-cants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces. #LI-Hybrid