Service Project Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Service project manager and will be part of Electrification business area for Services division based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. In this role you will be reporting to Service Local Division Manager and will be responsible for leading the execution of medium-size projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, relevant cyber security regulations and standards, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety and environment requirements, financial targets and schedule commitments
- Leading the project team, establishing the project execution approach, oversees project hand-over, execution planning, monitoring and controlling activities for both internal and external resources in order to accomplish all project goals and providing performance feedback
- Actively involving in continuous improvement and simplification, ensuring compliance to relevant cyber security regulations, standards, contractual requirements, supporting local sales and tendering through early involvement in tenders, tracking document progress and following-up, demonstrating ability to guide and collaborating with a project planning and control specialist
- Ensuring, monitoring, controlling the project execution and project financials, following best practices and ABB policies, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow, identifying, qualifying, quantifying, managing project risks, ensuring all opportunities are identified and pursued
- Ensuring the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements, coordinating with supply chain management and successfully procuring required services, materials, equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers
- Supporting procurement and logistics in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes, acting as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues, building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating with all stakeholders
- Ensuring the project follows and complies with company health, safety and environmental policies, leading the project team members to achieve project requirements, delivering of contracted deliverables and meeting the committed project result, identifying and planning all document deliverables
- Demonstrating and proactively applying immediate recovery actions to mitigate schedule delays and cost overruns, defining and applying project scheduling techniques to manage schedule risks proactively to avoid possible future schedule deviations with OTD impact and applying earned value method to manage critical path and project float
- Accurately forecasting schedule to determine if the project is still within defined tolerance ranges and identifying necessary change requests to drive the closure, planning and tracking all project activities, establishes scheduling risks and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in project management
- Having PMP certification or ABB project management certification will be an advantage
- Extensive Knowledge in SAP will be an added one.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office is a must. Microsoft project is a must.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory and French language is a privilege
- Having strong time management skills
More about us
ABB’s Electrification business is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy. Work model: on site #LI-onsite