Service Sales Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Service Sales Engineer, and will be the part of Motion Business Area for Service Division based in Kuwait, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to Local Business Area Manager and will be responsible to accelerate and expand MOSE (Motion service business) in Kuwait also get ABB to the preferred position with end users, based on quick and reliable support, digital tools etc.
- Prepare growth-oriented sales plans using company tools. Own and implement the sales plan and perform regular status reviews and propose recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full products/systems/services offering, aligning to provide a solution, and successfully closing the orders.
- Enquiry Generation for complete MOSE Service Portfolio and generate opportunities, so that orders can be achieved during the financial year and further pipeline can be developed for growth in further years. Promote MOSE- advance services & VAS (Value added services).
- Focus on maintenance activities at site and take support from drive/motor workshops and remote support teams if job cannot be performed at site. Ensure that all related activities meet legal and ethical compliance requirements in accordance with overall company policies & procedures are conducted with employee safety as a priority and are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Complete Installed base mapping to ensure that more than 95% of installed base is allotted to site and Service level agreements are signed with major accounts. 7-8 customer visits in a week and study the Installations/Technical Specs and prepare/Submit offers for complete MOSE- Portfolio. Ensure 95% accurate forecasting of orders and develop Service Channel Partner review and corrective actions.
- Perform Lifecycle assessments of Installed Base and generate leads using the same. Hand over the orders to PM or OH but own the ownership till successful execution. Have a kickoff meeting with respective PM and customers based on project nature and follow up payments. Promote drive workshop and follow the sun concept to enhance connected devices in the region.
- Organize customized technical events to improve ABB’s acceptability with end users.
- Promote a culture that embraces continuous process improvement, personal accountability, teamwork, and customer service to achieve objectives and improve operational productivity and customer relations. Exhibit the ability to effectively work simultaneously on many priorities that change frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience.
- Good knowledge on drives, motors (LV and MV) and PLCs.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, petrochemicals, power, water, metals and cement segments for better understanding and application of MOSE portfolio.
- Knowledge of retrofits/modernization of complex projects and selections such as energy efficiency, cranes, Drive controls, motors (LV and MV), PLC and DCS related scope will be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English language.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.