This position reports to
Principal Software Engineer
- Independently contributes to the software development lifecycle covering requirements, design, coding, testing, release as well as subsequent maintenance and operations.
- Ensures software engineering is carried out in compliance with ABB standards, processes, guidelines of project software engineering.
- Collaborate between self-organizing cross-functional teams (project managers, technical architects, other engineers, and business stakeholders) to deliver on agreed software engineering objectives.
- Delivers user-friendly software by improving and adapting through continuous solutions delivery with active feedback from customers and stakeholders.
- Assist project managers and lead project engineers in technical reviews, and discussions with customers, partners, subcontractors, and suppliers and in the resolution of technical problems, both remotely and at customer sites inside and outside Spain.
- Management, development and ensure the proper implementation of the proposed system in the client's facilities within the expected period at the lowest possible cost.
- Creates highly structured and maintainable code and deliverables with right amount of documentation.
- 2-5 years of experience in software teams working as project engineer with industrial projects.
- Programming languages, C#, NETCore, https://ASP.NET (APIRest), Powershell, Phyton, typescript.
- Demonstrated knowledge in protocols OPC UA/DA, PLCs, SCADAs, Inputs/Outputs Devices
- Knowledge in: MQTT, AMQP, https, SSL, Certificates, Brokers RabbitMQ
- Database SQL (SQL lite, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Demonstrated knowledge in QA, Atlassian, Agile Software projects techniques.
- Demonstrated experience to integrate, configure, test, and validate software systems developed in an orderly and efficient way, applying knowledge and optimizing the software to be installed.
- Spanish and English languages (required).
- Meal allowance
- Flexible work practices
- Wellbeing program
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. https://www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid