Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In the context of Electronic Research and Development Department, in the specific area of System & Connectivity solutions (IoT, Cloud platform, SW Tools, APP, Data Management) following the Product Requirements made by marketing department, we are looking for a R&D Software Engineer who will manage SW projects.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Design optimization by identification of the best technical solutions in terms of services to be used, architectural choices, technical details, exploiting the maximum integration among the SW applications and the HW/Smart Devices they have to communicate with.
- Follow preliminary tests for verification and pre-validation of the SW subsystems, analyzing the quality of the SW.
- Process/Product on the theoretical level.
- Scrum review, sprint review and sprint retrospective are carried out together the Dev and Test Teams.
- Develop and deliver solutions that properly addresses security requirements.
- Draw up the technical documentation required for the production and carry out activities to support and maintain the SW program/product when requested and harmonize all shared components between SW and platforms.
- Computer science Diploma or similar.
- Experience of a minimum of 3 years as Software Programmer or similar.
- Design experience in SW application for PC (MS Windows), for mobile/smart devices (Android, iOS, Windows) and Web, Cloud, IoT technologies.
- Ability to work in a cloud environment (PaaS, SaaS), analyze, configure and monitor services; competence and knowledge on Scrum method is (Epics, Features, User Stories, Bugs).
- Modern tools requested for DevOps approach are used (version control, Build and Deploy, Functional and not functional testing, Change Management, Analytics, …). Cyber Security skills for desktop, mobile and/or cloud applications.
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken.
- Proactivity, teamwork skills, problem solving and result orientation.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Chiara Mazzoleni, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate