Switchgear Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Switchgear Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking installation, Servicing, repairs and modifications on Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear, according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Reporting to the Southern Team Leader you will also be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams. Willingness to travel and some overnight stays will be required, as well as overtime/out of hours work to meet the needs of the Customer
- To work safely and in full compliance at all times and on all occasions.
- Able to focus on the Customer needs
- To produce high quality site reports in a timely manner, following site activities
- To proactively spot and report on opportunities identified on sites
- Work within the ABB integrity policy at all times
- Able, familiar and confident to put in place a Safe System of Work on all deployments.
- Part of a wider team, where once internally approved, the individual will take part in a standby roster every few weeks.
- Competent to work on low and medium voltage Switchgear equipment, in line with Service portfolio. (Specific Product training will be provided).
- C&G/HNC/ONC Standard or equivalent
- Background in Switchgear equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
- Strong people skills.
- Familiar and confident in putting in place a Safe System of Work
- Ability to work to timescales
- PC literate including MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Self starter, able to work autonomously
- Great communication skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.