Tax Senior Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working in the finance team in the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in the largest center located in Krakow, helping to prepare accounting studies and financial reports by completing accounting activities recording financial transactions. Reporting to Tax Team Leader you will provide key support to the business, applying relevant accounting techniques and standards to identify and resolve issues.
This position reports to
Tax Team Leader
- Ensuring VAT, income tax (CIT) and withholding tax (WHT) transactional compliance and reporting.
- Preparing tax returns filling in various jurisdictions on a timely manner as well as researching and correcting process errors that caused incorrect tax fillings
- Initiating tax solutions increasing automation and quality of tax fillings
- Supporting tax audits and ad hoc matters
- Designing reports supporting VAT, CIT and WHT part of the electronic tax audit file requirements as well as statistics supporting managing VAT, income and withholding tax positions
- Driving new implementations, supporting automations and process improvements from the perspective of tax requirements
- Supporting the management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment, resolving problems and difficult issues by implementing new solutions
- Fostering knowledge sharing and supporting the development of more junior colleagues by acting as SME for the assigned area
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Transactional Tax area (preparing international tax declarations)
- Practical knowledge of ERP system (SAP, Oracle)
- Good user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills (functions, pivot table)
- Experience in the transfer of tax processes from European countries to global shared service centers
- Knowledge of European tax law (direct and/ or indirect tax) combined with process orientation and attention to detail
- Proficient in business English, advanced knowledge of another European language as an asset
- Very good organization and coordination skills and ability to work in a team with deadlines and stress situations
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate