Tendering and Quotation Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Tendering and Quotation Specialist for Electrification Business Area in Tokyo, Japan, you will be responsible for tendering and supporting to increase the sales orders of Electrifications products in cooperation with LPG’s, product managers, supply chain and engineering team in order to achieve customers’ and consultant’s requirements. The local legal entity of this position is ABB K.K.
This position reports to
- Formulating competitive bid/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensuring tender are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs. Overseeing the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer
- Being in accordance with bid/estimate /quotation planning, ensuring that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedure. Managing external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals
- Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reporting the status of the bid / estimates / quotations using defined tools and collecting and analyzing the reason for tenders being lost and won
- Identifying potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreement across customers / channels. Providing information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB Policy
- Keeping records for all offers with the related costs and discounts history and to be a part of the tendering criteria
- Following up with sales for project status (Won – Lost – Running), coordinate for required support in order to secure the running projects and change them to won
- A Bachelor of Degree Electrical/Electronic engineering.
- Proven ability to develop and manage tendering and/or project
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Preferred to have at least 6 years’ experience in tendering or project sales/marketing/management
- Must have MV/LV Switchgear knowledge, in addition transformer and/or eHouse experience will be preferred
- Ability to work in a multinational environment and in a matrix organization
- Flexibility in travelling within the specified area/country
- Fluency in Japanese language both in written and oral (native level) and English for internal communication are must
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Transportation Allowance
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.