Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Transportation Specialist, you will supports the business to ensure goods are shipped whilst meeting quality, legal and costs parameters. You will develop, maintain and improve transport processes to optimize inbound and/or outbound product and material deliveries.
This position reports to
Planning & Fulfillment Manager
- Facilitate material movement, planning and scheduling utilizing various transportation software systems, and handling customs and trade applications
- Prepare and update monthly logistics schedule to ensure deliveries to production locations and coordinate product delivery schedule with customers.
- Coordinate daily activities to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via all transport modes, and re-route freight as needed to meet demands and minimize cost. Communicate fulfilment status to Logistics and Sales organizations as appropriate.
- Work closely with the warehouse team or 3PL (third-party logistics) providers to assure efficient and effective execution of processes
- Ensure that the import, inbound, outbound and export documentation is properly managed and resolve operational issues.
- Actively support the development and implementation of improved processes and systems and maintain master data.
- You will be reporting to the Planning & Fulfilment Manager.
- Passionate about transport, trade and warehouse management or related logistics fields, studies or experience in the field are a plus.
- Motivated to invest in yourself and further expand your knowledge, you are very persistent.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with an entrepreneurial spirit that brings people together.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong focus on optimization, efficiency and process improvements.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
- Keen interest in ERP, WMS or TMS and strong IT skills with using standard MS applications.
- Fluent in Dutch with a good working level in English.
More about us
Electrifying the world in a safe, smart and sustainable way, ABB Electrification is a global technology leader in electrical distribution and management from source to socket. As the world’s demand for electricity grows, our 50,000+ employees across 100 countries collaborate with customers and partners to transform how people connect, live and work. We develop innovative products, solutions and digital technologies that enable energy efficiency and a low carbon society across all sectors. By applying global scale with local expertise, we shape and support global trends, deliver excellence for customers and power a sustainable future for society. go.abb/electrification We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Please contact Patrick Brahm, Talent Partner, Nieuwevaart 51, 9000 Gent, Belgium or [email protected] for additional information.