Warehouse & Internal Logistics Manager (80 – 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be in charge of planning, directing and monitoring all activities in the warehouse and the internal logistics (production supply). You are responsible to develop and manage warehouse operations to control effectively the receipt, storage, picking and dispatch of products, systems and services to internal and external customers. This is a key position in the LPG Planning & Fulfillment team.
This position reports to
Planning & Fulfillment Manager
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean practices
- Plan and optimize warehouse utilization and inventory.
- Plan and monitor the storage, delivery and dispatch of orders and keep stock control systems up to date. Oversee stock control and process orders.
- Ensure that Group and local health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives are implemented and understood to ensure safety of people and resources.
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- 5 years of experience in warehouse management
- In-depth SAP knowledge (WM, EWM, MM)
- Profound knowledge of MS office suite
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills in German and English
- Logistics, technical or commercial vocational training with further education in supply chain management (Swiss Federal Diploma in Logistics Management HF, MAS in Logistics Management) or equivalent
- excellent leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland, Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate