Workshop Manager - Arequipa ( Jefe de Taller)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be heading a team, driving efficient and cost-effective production results to meet requirements, specifications and targets by coordinating and plant equipment, personnel and production processes. In this role you will aid in the transformation of parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely and cost-effective manner, developing programs, projects, goals, and metrics to help the organization achieve the highest level of operational performance.
This position reports to
Local BU Manager
- Prepare the production budget, monitor its compliance, determine the necessary actions to comply with the budget.
- Develop programs, projects, objectives, and metrics to lead a high-performance organization, optimizing working capital in operations.
- Develop and execute plans to reduce the cost of low added value, increase revenue, meet the expectations of delivery time offered to customers.
- Provide support to the sales team in meetings with clients, showing the capabilities of the Arequipa workshop.
- Ensure compliance with global HSE directives. Evaluate risks and security events and implement plans that seek the safety of personnel and the proper use of equipment.
- Guide, motivate, develop your direct and indirect reports according to ABB's global policies.
- Implementing ABB’s process improvement methodology (4Q Program) training and methods.
- Overseeing manufacturing subcontracts and managing subcontractors with other functions, including Procurement & Logistics.
- 5 years of experience in leadership positions.
- Experience in managing similar workshops (repair and maintenance of engines, industrial equipment or similar).
- Knowledge of SAP (user level, not essential).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical-Electrical Engineering or related careers.
- English Intermediate level.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite