Workshop Service Technician - Drives
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Workshop Service Technician, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service. Reporting to the Drives Service Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for providing routine diagnostics and repair at our Local Drives Service Workshop and also maintenance and on-site services when required.
- Performing service tasks like diagnostics, identifying technical problems and repair of Drives products at our Local Drives Service Workshop, and onsite if required for commissioning and maintenance for instance.
- Backup of the Drives Service Workshop Manager when out of the office, organizing the daily workshop activities like planning, dealing with issues, communication with customers and also receiving visits.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment, and methods.
- Receiving technical training and keeping yourself up to date.
- Providing recommendations to management to improve operations and customer support.
- Applying safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reporting unsafe practices and incidents.
- A technical degree in electronic and/or electrotechnics
- Sound knowledge (more than 4 years of experience) of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning, and repairing Drives or other electronic / industrial devices both in workshop and Field Service.
- Knowledge of AC/DC drives technology, industrial communications (Profibus, Ethernet, Modbus, industrial routers, cloud-based services, etc.) and remote monitoring and remote support systems.
- Proven leadership and proactive skills, with a collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Native level spoken and written Spanish.
- Fluent technical spoken and written English.
- Current driving license and work permit in Spain
- Ability to travel to domestic (and/or international, very rarely) sites.
- Wellbeing program
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite