Collections Support Practitioner
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Finance
- Location Seattle, WA
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Specialization professionals apply expertise in a specific business process delivery capability (or capabilities) to ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with our Standard Delivery Solutions and Service Level Agreements and drive continuous improvement.
Finance Process and Operations professionals develop and maintain robust processes and controls to meet compliance requirements and stewardship of enterprise assets with efficiency and effectiveness.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities: Solves routine problems largely through precedent and referral to general guidelines. Interacts within own team and with direct supervisor. Receives detailed to moderate level of instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instruction on new assignments. Decisions impact own work. Individual contributor as a part of a team, with a predetermined, focused scope of work.
The Collections Support Practitioner is responsible for meeting monthly business to business collection targets set by the client using written and verbal collections processes while protecting the client’s relationship with the customer. This position interacts with senior managers, credit managers, account payable departments as well as other employees of various organizations.
- Meets monthly collection targets
- Directs cash application through remittance advice and statements as required
- Escalates issues in accordance with escalation policy
- Assists in the preparation of management reports in line with clients and Accenture’s requirements
- Attends client meetings to discuss debtor performance and address issues as required
- Improves service deliverables to the client with innovative ideas
- US Citizenship is a requirement
- 2 years of experience of billing and collections procedures
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in MS Outlook and Excel including experience with pivot tables
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Customer Service or Supply Chain
- Collections experience in a B2B environment
- Working knowledge of banking procedures and payment application
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Experience communicating with management
- Exceptional customer service skills, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated team player, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and proactive
- Self-starter with ability to work independently to prioritize to ensure compliance with strict deadlines
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Proven ability to work in a high stress environment
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.