Corporate Communications and Media Relations Manager, NY or Washington DC
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Communications
- Location Washington, D.C.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
The role of the Manager is to raise the profile of Accenture’s Corporate Communications initiatives and increase media share-of-voice across all our markets, while supporting on the management of key communications issues. The individual will report to Senior Manager,Corporate Communications.
This experienced professional will work on global marketing and communications initiatives, programs and teams to help drive Accenture’s high performance business strategy, especially relating to the company’s Inclusion & Diversity and Workforce initiatives. He/she will also help design and execute strategies and campaigns to maximize opportunities for accurate and positive positioning in Tier 1 and key trade media as well as social media.
- A strategic thinker focused on supporting the generation of global tier-one media attention for global corporate initiatives; proven track record of placing tier one stories and strong media relationships
- Support marketing and communications strategy and implementation of Inclusion & Diversity and other critical Workforce initiatives
- Work with colleagues to provide timely responses to media requests and reporting
- Create compelling, timely materials to support campaigns, briefings, report submissions, press announcements, etc.
- Support the development of channel and/or tactic-specific external messages to support the company agenda in the marketplace
- Bachelor's degree or other four year university degree
- Minimum of eight years of integrated marketing experience with emphasis on communications and media relations
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Proven success in project management and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to implement communications and media programs in a professional services environment
- Exceptional media relations skills and ability to develop stories and understand news cycles; Solid relationships with business and politics/policy media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to technical -- including press releases, talking points, Q&A, etc.
- Understanding of the Accenture business culture; strong general business acumen
- Understanding of and ability to execute strategic PR and communications techniques
- Ability to provide sound professional advice and strategic counsel to colleagues in key geographies, industries and similar areas of operation
- Ability to create messages across different areas of Accenture’s business
- Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues
- Ability to develop an annual media relations plan with clear objectives and metrics
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite and key Internet applications for independent research and media management
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture's business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture
- Detailed knowledge of media relations process in general and of Accenture's media relations policies, including public disclosure requirements and restrictions
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.